Monday, June 8, 2009

Dominican Republic, Day 4

There are 2 things in life that I will never get enough of: laughter and encouragement. One of them requires no translation as you can clearly see below.

Jody said, "You will not grow in maturity in your faith until you begin to practice, and embrace, encouraging another man. It is how we grow closer in our relationships to other men."

Satan knows the weak spot in my armor: self worth. On a daily, sometimes hourly basis, he is there whispering to me, "Sorry pal, you're just not good enough. You can't hack it. You're not useful in ministry. You're a failure as a father. You're a failure in life." It hamstrings me. It colors my interactions and opinions of others. It sets me to seeking approval in as many places as I can find it. It tempts me to give up.

The Bible tells us we were pursued by God even though we were His enemies. While we were dead in our sins, it was His joy to sacrifice Christ on the cross... HIS ONLY SON... that we may be found blameless in His sight. His full wrath was poured out on Christ who knew no iniquity, committed no sin... in order that I should be called a son of The Most High God.

As a father, I can tell you that I would be very challenged to even hurt my sons' feelings for anyone, for any reason. God sacrificed His Son in order that I should live. In light of that, should I continue to live my life listening to the voice that tells me I'm a complete screw up? Should I give audience to the voice that tells me I'm not desired by anyone, even God?

Or should I listen to the Holy Spirit who has been imparted to LIVE WITHIN ME, to guide me, to comfort me?

My prayer is that some day very soon that I will be able to listen and hear the Father's voice louder.

Galatians 4:4-7
"But when the fullness of the time came, God sent forth His Son, born of a woman, born under the Law, so that He might redeem those who were under the Law, that we might receive the adoption as sons.
Because you are sons, God has sent forth the Spirit of His Son into our hearts, crying, "Abba! Father!"
Therefore you are no longer a slave, but a son; and if a son, then an heir through God."










No comments: